Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Another Year Another Post

In an attempt to create a habit of writing I started a blog. This was amusing for a little but then slowly my posts became less frequent (pretty much non existent).

Now I find myself in a situation where I need to answer the questions that many have asked and so I once again turn to my blog. I will attempt to write more frequently, especially because I need to keep you all informed about Japan.

I am planning on going to Japan this year. I will leave on July 19th and return on August 6th. This comes as no surprise to anyone who knows me, I go every year. What is different about this year is the struggle that I had over weather to go or not. As I looked at my current financial situation and the high prices of plane tickets, as well as the falling value of the US Dollar; I wondered if it was God's will that I go at all. In much prayer and heartfelt scripture searching I sought to answer my dilemma. If God wanted me to go then why couldn't I afford it? Then I got my answer in 2 Corinthians 12:9 - But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

This has been a humbling experience for me because I had planned to pay for everything myself, and in doing so I robbed the church of its opportunity to show love to the world. Not everyone can be a missionary on the field but we can support them, and in doing so they become the representation of the love we cannot present in person. (see Collisions 1:24-26) God has determined that we should work in His strength, not our own. He has given us the Church as a means of encouraging one another to love and good works. When a christian attempts to work outside of the church, while his intentions may be pure, is he not stealing the potential of sanctifying work from the church. This is what I had to come to terms with and in doing so the answer to my prayers became clear - go and make disciples.

So now I ask: Are you ready to join me once again in ministering to the Japanese? I need your prayers and support. If you would like to receive a support letter via email just write me a quick email and I will get it out to you. I will be sending out several by snail mail tomorrow, if you do not receive one in the mail it means I do not have your correct address please email me and I will make the necessary corrections. I thank God everyday for the saints he has put in my life, your ministry to me means more than words, this side of heaven, can reveal.

May the Grace of our Lord be with you, always.


No comments: